Welcome to Maxx Home Guides: Interiors
Better Business Bureau Zero Residue Carpet Cleaning Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
Carpet Cleaning Tipsfrom: Maxx Home Guides
Cleaning your carpets is one of the most tedius tasks for anyone required to do the house cleaning in your household. Not only do you have to worry about getting out those nasty wine spill stains, doing a thorough job of cleaning requires shifting all the furniture around to get at every nook and cranny of the carpet. Not a fun job -- but an essential one. Here's a few tips to help you get the job done quicker and easier.
It's important that you do a deep cleaning of your carpets on a regular basis. However, in order to achieve a clean carpet, you'll probably want to hire a professional or, at least make sure you use a deep cleaning machine. There are advantages and disadvantages to using this method, but a thorough cleaning should be done about every six months.
It's always a good idea to watch for spills and if one should occur, take care of it immediately. If you simply use water on a spill, it will help to get most of the stain out. If water doesn't work, just expand your search. There are a number of products available that can help you get rid of those tougher spills.
These products cover a range of uses and can be helpful when matched to different types of spills. You can put together a mixture of water and vinegar which should help you get those nasty stains out. However, the key with any stain is taking immediate action to prevent spills from becoming stains that get more difficult to remove and leave you with a dirty and messy carpet.
Always thoroughly vacuum your carpet on a regular schedule, which means going over the floor in several directions to allow the vaccum time to pick as much as possible. Use a high quality vacuum to get up the most debris. A clean carpet is a carpet that has been taken care of very well.
Of course, the proper use of entering your home can make a big difference as well. Clean off your shoes well or take them off altogether to keep tracked soils off the surface of the carpet. You should use entrance mats outside the doors and make it a rule that anyone who enters your home must use the mat to get debris and dirt off of their shoes before they can enter.
About 80% of the soils entering a building or home are dry. That leaves 20% made up of greases, oils and starches. Dry soiling is the easiest to remove using a carpet sweeper or vacuum cleaner. As long as you remove them every day, you'll be able to minimize damage to the carpet.
Maintaining and keeping a clean carpet is both healthier and wll also help to increase the life of a carpet. If you've just laid the carpet, you're already aware of the expenses involved.
Clean carpets add value to a home if everything else is maintained properly as well. It also helps to keep the home free from odors and make a comfortable living area for your friends and your family to enjoy.
Better Business Bureau Zero Residue Carpet Cleaning News