Welcome to Maxx Home Guides: Interiors
Home Office Article
This is a selection made from among articles on Home Office . For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for future reading, click here.
Use a Good Lighting System for a Productive Home Officefrom: Maxx Home Guides
With the continuing increase of people working from home offices, they're able to save on many expenses required when going to a regular job. It's usually substantially cheaper to locate your office at home rather than a commercial office complex. However, many home entrepreneurs get stingy with their home office in ways that disregard many important aspects of their work place, such as setting up a good lighting system. This is a mistake because working in a badly lit office can be harmful to both your health and your business.
Here are some tips for setting up a good lighting system for your home office:
1. Know What You Need: The purpose of a home office lighting system is to provide you with a comfortable area for getting your work done. You should always have enough light to read, write and work at the computer, but not so much light that it causes a distracting glare. Lighting is also required to see the overall area of your home office and probably to accent some things you want displayed.
2. Install an Efficient General Lighting Source: To get a well distributed general lighting that eliminates shadows on your desk will require two large fixtures for the ceiling. Fluorescent tubes are very economical and provide good general lighting. These should be placed to the left and right of your desk so the light comes in over your shoulders. Never put lighting in front of your desk because it will make annoying reflections.
3. Light up Your Tasks: You'll need additional lighting for your keyboard and desk which can be provided by a desk lamp, preferably an adjustable one. Place the lamp in such a way that it doesn't create glare on your computer screen.
4. Illuminate Your Credentials: You might need to display your photos, diplomas, awards, permits, and certificates and track lighting can help enhance these prized possessions. You can also use track lighting to accentuate aesthetic pieces such as sculptures, paintings and plants.
5. Light with Flexibility in Mind: When setting up the lighting for your home office, you need to have flexibility. Natural home lighting changes throughout the day, so you might prefer a lighting system that adapts to this light from the bright sun in the morning to darkness in the evenings.
A home office lighting system is one area of a home business that shouldn't be overlooked. Poor or bad lighting can have a negative effect on your productivity, while good lighting can enhance your efficiency. A good lighting system could very well be the defining line between business success and failure.
Home Office News
Clean Out Your Home Office With Recycling, Shredding Event - Patch.com
Clean Out Your Home Office With Recycling, Shredding Event
If you have a pile of unused electronics and documents collecting dust in your home office, then you will soon have an opportunity to clean house. Milton-based Boy Scout Troop 3000, based out of Birmingham United Methodist Church, will hold a Community ...
A Peek Into Lauren Conrad's Home Office—and 3 Ways to Copy Her Ultra-Pretty ... - Glamour (blog)
A Peek Into Lauren Conrad's Home Office—and 3 Ways to Copy Her Ultra-Pretty ...
"Finally finished my home office...because some days I just want to work in my PJs," she captioned the shot. I'm loving pretty much everything about this, from the photo collage to the gold and ivory accents. Here are three easy ways to copy her style ...
IRS Simplifies Home-Office Deduction - Wall Street Journal
IRS Simplifies Home-Office Deduction
Wall Street Journal
Under the optional new method, you can claim "$5 per square foot of space that meets the definition of a qualified home office up to a maximum of 300 square feet," says Mark Luscombe, principal tax analyst at CCH, a Wolters Kluwer WTKWY +1.32% Wolters ...
A simplified tax option for home offices - CBS News
A simplified tax option for home offices
This tax season holds good news for millions of self-employed people who work from home: Home office deductions, which used to require a litany of calculations and the completion of a 43-line form, have at last been simplified. The IRS will now allow ...
Paint Your Home Office For Success: Match Your Wall Color To Your Job - Forbes
Paint Your Home Office For Success: Match Your Wall Color To Your Job
Most entrepreneurs who work from home spend more time in the home office than any other room in the house. Yet, when it comes to decorating, the office is often the last room in the house to receive any attention. Whether your spare bedroom doubles as ...
PO box justice: what secret Home Office court says about British openness - The Guardian
PO box justice: what secret Home Office court says about British openness
Unlike the rest of us, Clarke must have known that the IPT was operating in the Home Office – which is to say that a judicial process was in reality held captive by a part of the executive that happens to run the internal intelligence service, MI5 ...