Welcome to Maxx Home Guides: Interiors
Home Office Article
Custom Home Office Furniture: Pros and Consfrom: Maxx Home Guides
Now that you've decided to setup a home office, have you wondered whether or not to spend on custom home office furniture? Here are some pros and cons you should consider.
* Custom home office furniture is designed to suit specific needs requirements of your home office. If you have lots of books, you can get bookcases that reach the ceiling. If you have maintain a lot of files, you can get lots of deep drawers. If you have special needs or just want something different than the usual home office, custom furniture may be a good choice.
* If your home is decorated in a specific style or theme, ordering custom home office furniture helps maintain the decor of your home office to harmonize with the rest of the house.
* When ordering custom home office furniture, you're the boss. You decide on the designs and materials as well as the overall budget, so you never have to order anything you can't afford.
* Custom home office furniture should help you get the most from your space, especially if your space is small or in an awkward location, such as the space under a staircase. Some spaces just can't accommodate standard furniture and so custom home office furniture helps you create a home office in the most unlikely area.
* Custom home office furniture is designed to support your body properly and help you avoid back ache and eye strain. In the short term this may seem like a minor annoyances, but in the long run they can affect your concentration and productivity and could lead to more serious health problems in the future.
* Custom home office furniture is going to take time to design and install.
* Custom home office furniture is likely going to cost more than buying readily available office furniture. Even with a budget, if it's too low, furniture makers won't likely want to do the work. Do your homework, though, since you may find a furniture maker who's willing to give you a good deal.
The bottom line is that custom home office furniture is a good choice if you have time and money to spare. However, keep in mind that ordering custom home office furniture doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. Shop around because there are good furniture makers out there who might give you the home office of your dreams without taking a lot of time or charging you more than you can really afford.
Home Office News
New scheme targets home office workers - wtkr.com
New scheme targets home office workers
Working from home is a growing trend these days, but so is a new scheme targeting those home office workers. It's called “Reshipping Fraud.” Getting involved could truly cost you. “Most of the victims are thinking they are doing it as a 'work at home ...
Trustees mull home-office rules after citation protest - ThisWeekNews
Trustees mull home-office rules after citation protest
A Liberty Township resident says officials slapped him with a hefty fine for making business calls from his house. The allegation sparked a debate among Liberty Township trustees over the merits of the township's home-office restrictions at a meeting ...
Tips for setting up and improving your home office - Muscatine Journal - Muscatine Journal
Tips for setting up and improving your home office - Muscatine Journal
“Cloud backup offers another layer of protection, as you're protecting yourself from anything that could happen to your home office, like natural disaster, theft or power surges.” More information about business data protection can be found at www.
Organize Your Life: Home Office - WAVY-TV
Organize Your Life: Home Office
Today, we're talking about your home office. Opinions that are derogatory, attack other users or are offensive in nature may be removed. WAVY is not responsible for the content posted in this comment section. We reserve the right to remove any ...
Gone, but Still Linked to the Home Office - New York Times
New York Times
Gone, but Still Linked to the Home Office
New York Times
A FEW years after John McGowan, a former contracts negotiator at Hewlett-Packard, took early retirement in 2006 at age 59, a friend persuaded him to join the H.P. Agilent Retired Employees Club-Bay Area, one of more than a dozen H.P. retiree clubs in ...
AICPA Wants IRS to Re-evaluate Home Office Deduction Safe Harbor Proposal - Accounting Today
AICPA Wants IRS to Re-evaluate Home Office Deduction Safe Harbor Proposal
The American Institute of CPAs has sent a letter to the Internal Revenue Service asking the IRS to re-evaluate some of its proposals for a safe harbor method for the home office deduction, even though the AICPA acknowledged that the method would be ...